GSA FMR Bulletin 2009-B1 prohibits smoking of tobacco products in all interior space owned, rented or leased by the executive branch of the Federal Government, and in any outdoor areas under executive branch control in front of air intake ducts. In addition, smoking is now prohibited in courtyards and within 25 feet of doorways and air intake ducts on outdoor space under the jurisdiction, custody or control of GSA.
ComplianceSigns.com carries NO SMOKING signs specifically designed for Federal Government applications, as well as state-specific smoking signs. Our website features an interactive map with quick links to no-smoking signs for all 50 states and Puerto Rico. All our No Smoking signs and Smoking Prohibited labels are produced using industrial strength materials suitable for outdoor or indoor use.
Read more about 2009-B1 and workplace smoking:
- GSA cracks down on smoking in and around federal buildings
- FMR Bulletin 2009-B1 in the Federal Register
- Smoke-free lists, maps and data from no-smoke.org
- Case studies of the economic impact on businesses of smoking bans
- A sample smoke-free workplace policy and more