- Advocacy group FocusDriven offers downloadable posters and flIers.
- The National Safety Council offers resources including a Cell Phone Policy Kit to help businesses start an awareness campaign.
- FirstGroup and DriveCam are sponsoring NSC webinars on April 19 and April 27 with information about the dangers and costs of employee cell phone use while driving. The webinars are open to the public. Register for either event here.
- Visit the NSC distracted driving home page.
- Check out the NSC Employer Traffic Safety Program.
- Browse cell phone and texting signs at ComplianceSigns.com.
April 18, 2011
Distracted Driving Awareness Month Resources
Drivers who use cell phones are four times more likely to be involved in a crash, according to a study by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Several safety organizations are offering complimentary materials and resources to help employers develop workplace activities that raise awareness of the dangers of using mobile devices while driving.
Posted by David Anderson