Methods for preventing fall-related injuries and deaths include using anchors for personal fall arrest systems and fall restraints, safety net systems, guardrails, ladders and scaffolds for activities such as installing roof sheathing, weatherproofing a roof and installing walls and subfloors. OSHA is continuing to develop additional resources to help employers protect residential workers' safety and health. Learn more with these links:
- Visit OSHA's Residential Fall Protection Web page for a fact sheet and Q&A.
- Review other fall protection references at the OSHA Fall Protection - Construction topics page.
- Browse ladder / scaffold safety signs at ComplianceSigns.com
- Browse fall protection PPE signs and labels.
- Review construction safety signs at ComplianceSigns.com.