The Department of Labor has issued a new web resource to help employers - especially small business employers - understand their recordkeeping requirements under OSHA regulations. The new OSHA Recordkeeping Advisor can help you determine:
- Whether an injury or illness (or related event) is work-related
- Whether an event or exposure at home or on travel is work-related
- Whether an exception applies to the injury or illness
- Whether a work-related injury or illness needs to be recorded
- Which provisions of the regulations apply when recording a work-related case
The Advisor presents questions and relies on responses to determine the appropriate course of action. It does not store any information. While this new resource is useful, OSHA cautions that the Advisor is not a substitute for compliance with OSHA recordkeeping regulations.