- Keep work areas clear and tidy.
- Keep air hoses and power cords away from thoroughfares or taped down.
- Stack or remove buckets and pallets when not in use.
- Clean up excess product, waste materials and material spills from walkways.
- Remove excess filings, shavings, materials and off-cuts from walkways and work areas.
- Mark walkways and exclusion zones around work areas.
- Provide enough storage to keep materials and waste out of work areas.
- Have safe systems for the delivery and storage of materials, and collection and removal of waste.
- Inspect delivery and storage areas regularly for hazards.
- Provide appropriate lighting for the tasks being done.
Manufacturing Safety Resources:· Equipment Inspection Checklists from Oregon OSHA.
· OSHA Injury and Illness Prevention Programs.
· NIOSH Fatal Occupational Injury Cost Fact Sheet: Manufacturing.
· Browse Machine & Process safety signs at ComplianceSigns.com.