Who Should Participate?
Anyone who works with people exposed to loud noise or music, including: nurses, educators, youth leaders, community volunteers, safety managers and small business owners.
At the conclusion of the session, participants will be able to:
- State three occupations and industries where workers lose their hearing more rapidly than others
- Describe the relationship between noise exposure, hearing loss and tinnitus
- Describe a simple indication that hearing protection should be worn
- Demonstrate two methods of hearing protection
- State 3 key factors in selecting and using appropriate hearing protection devices (HPD)
- Identify 3 barriers and 3 enablers related to use of hearing protection
- Identify readily available sources of additional information on prevention of NIHL and free or low-cost, teaching materials for teaching students and others about noise, hearing loss prevention, and use of hearing protection.
This train-the-trainer workshop is designed to increase knowledge about preventing noise-and music- induced prevention of hearing loss. There are no prerequisites for this educational program.