|Ladder Safety Sticker |
The first question to ask in any high-reach situation: Is a ladder the right equipment to use? Although a ladder or stepladder often comes to mind first, it might not be the best option. Workers should ask four questions before deciding on a ladder:
- Will I have to hold heavy items while on the ladder?
- Is the elevated area high enough that it would require a long ladder that can be unstable?
- Will I be working from this height for a long time?
- Do I have to stand on the ladder sideways in order to do this work?
The 14-page booklet includes illustrations and text in English and Spanish.
- Download the ladder safety booklet here.
- Review OSHA Standard 1926.1053 covering laddders in construction.
- View the OSHA Ladder Safety eTool.
- Browse ladder and scaffold safety signs at ComplianceSigns.com.