1. $589,000 for Machine Guarding:
|Machine Safety Signs |
- Seven willful violations for machine guarding, including failing to guard blades of slitter machines and nip points of feed tables.
- Three repeat violations for machine guarding and the other for lack of fire extinguishers.
2. $219,000 for Machine Guarding, LOTO:
- Four repeats, including one for machine guarding, and three for LOTO, including lack of lockout tagout program and safety training.
- Two willfuls for machine guarding, including exposing workers to struck-by, pinned-under and burned-by hazards from hot metal racks and hot aluminum products weighing up to 8,000 pounds, and failing to provide safe clearance for workers operating in ovens where aluminum extrusions are treated.
- Inadequate process safety management program, including failure to develop safe operating procedures for the refrigeration system, adequately inspect its preventive maintenance procedures for refrigeration piping and storage vessels, and implement an emergency response plan.
- One willful: Failure to provide and/or ensure proper use of fall protection.
- Three repeats, including lack of fall protection training, failing to extend ladders at least 3 feet above landing surface, and power tools— letting workers use pneumatic nail guns without eye and face protection.
- Three willful violations for failure to ensure the integrity of the roof structure, not providing and ensuring proper use of fall protection, and lack of fall protection training.
- Three willfuls for failure to provide adequate cave-in protection to workers in excavations deeper than 5 feet.
- Three repeat violations for failure to provide excavation safety training, establish a safety and health program, and ensure that workers exposed to struck-by hazards wear head protection.