- Hang on to the steering wheel.
- Don't brake suddenly. Hard braking can send your car out of control.
- Ease off the gas. Coast until you have control of the car, then brake gently to stop.
- Make no sudden moves. Don't brake hard or jerk the wheel.
- Ease off the gas. As you slow, you'll feel contact with the road again.
- Steer gently.
- Downshift so the engine will slow the car.
- Keep trying the brakes. If you have ABS, apply steady pressure. If not, pump them.
- Shift into neutral and apply the emergency brake.