|Lost-Time Accident Sign |
helps promote plant safety.
The BLS recently identified data errors in its reports on national 2011 and 2012 private-sector nonfatal workplace injuries and illnesses. Press releases featured incorrect data from the Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses:
- Industry counts and frequency rates
- Nonfatal occupational injuries and illnesses requiring days away from work.
In addition to past news releases, some other BLS products contain incorrect data. Some of these products may be updated as corrected data become available.
The BLS attributes the errors to data processing errors and reports that "...state and local government estimates at the national level were minimally affected..." but state estimates were not.
- Review BLS corrections here.
- Read the BLS announcement here.
- Browse "Days Without Injury" signs and digital safety scoreboards.